A house cleaning service can be a very valuable asset to anyone who doesn’t have the time or energy to clean their own home. But while the value of these services are understood by most people, there still remains some confusion as to what house cleaning services actually do. To help clarify the matter, we’ve put together this quick article explaining what a routine house cleaning service typically does when they come to your home.
Routine House Cleaning Services: What Do They Do.
A house cleaning service in Tampa is when a cleaning company (either a single person or a team of two or more) comes to your home to perform basic routine cleaning for you. Some of the tasks that can be included in a routine house cleaning service are as follows:
- Dusting. This can include not just tables and counters, but also bookcases (including the books and trinkets on those shelves), window blinds, window sills, dressers, mirrors, light fixtures, lamps, picture frames, fans, the tops of doors, and more. A good cleaning service will turn off all fans and air conditioning units when dusting so as to prevent that dust from spreading in the air.
- Vacuuming. This step should always come after dusting (because the dust that was removed from the shelves and tables will have settled to the floor by then, making it easy to vacuum up) and is very straightforward; your cleaning service will use a vacuum (usually a special type of vacuum that is designed to suck up as much dust and dirt as possible) to clean the carpets and rugs in your home. Alternatively, if you have hardwood floors rather than carpet, your cleaning service will instead dust, sweep, and polish your flooring.
- Cleaning the kitchen. This usually involves wiping down the counters and tables with antibacterial cleaners ( to kill any germs or microbes that might be lingering) as well as wiping down both the stove-top and any other appliances (this usually includes cleaning the face of the fridge and microwave as well). Depending on the maid service in question, cleaning the kitchen can also involve doing the dishes and cleaning old food out of the fridge, too.
- Cleaning the bathroom. Like cleaning the kitchen, there are many different tasks that make up the overall duty of cleaning the bathroom. Generally, a cleaning service will clean your toilet, your bathtub, and shower (this will involve cleaning the soap and shampoo racks as well as the bath mat and shower curtains), and your sinks (including around your taps and faucets). They will also scrub your floor and probably polish your bathroom mirror as well.
- Washing the windows. Another common house cleaning service is window cleaning. This involves cleaning the windows of your home with special streak-free glass cleaner and drying them carefully. A good house cleaning service will also clean high up windows that are difficult to reach. And some cleaning services will also clean your window screens as well (this usually involves removing them from your window frames, scrubbing them with a bristle brush, rinsing them with a hose, and then putting them back into the frames.)